Friday, October 10, 2008

Energy Mandala: a discussion


I promised an ongoing discussion of my works ...here is the first installment.
You will recognize this piece as the company logo. It is an energy mandala. It uses hand-dyed fabrics in jewel tones. As with all my mandalas, it has a strong core and radiates out. There are many french knots in contrasting colors that are barly visible in the photo but add wonderful texture to the piece.
Manadalas center the spirit/energy for both the artist and the viewer. I'd love your comments!

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I love this great colours and design.

Unknown said...

i hope you will come share your knowledge and energy with the mandala oasis group, since you joined the webring we created. a fabric artist would be a wonderful addition to our eclectic group of mandala makers.

i like this image alot. wonderful colors. id love to be able to touch it.
~sue okieffe