Monday, January 26, 2009

My Journey: How I got where I am (because you asked)

Blog reader TexasRed requested this info (see 1/15/09 post).

My training is in Occupational Therapy, hence my love for working with people with disabilities.  I fell in love with fabric after dabbling in a variety of art forms over the years.  After deciding to become a professional artist, I worked as a free-lance designer, writing for numerous magazine and book publishers and working with product manufacturers.  (You can see a complete list on my web site "about me" page www.BaileyFiberArt.com). I eventually grew to where I am now, working in my studio creating major works and empowering people with disabilities through art.I love the play of textures and colors found in nature. I am influenced by African, Asian, & Tibetan cultures. Many of my pieces are mandalas (energy circles).I have been making wall hangings since the beginning of my career. More recently, I have been enjoying the engineering challenge of creating 3-dimentional vessels.

My Philosophy:

I am committed to bringing peace to the world through art. The world is full of turmoil, anger, and strife.  These negative energies are very draining and destructive.  It is my mission to combat these negative forces with positive energy.  Each of my works is created in a peace-filled, uplifting, positive, joyful environment.  This inspiring energy becomes infused into the art piece.  Those who view the finished art, experience a sense of joy and serenity.  They then carry that positive energy out into the world where it is multiplied.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

TexasRed said...

Beautiful ideas. Thank you for sharing your story.

Bailey Earith said...

Thanks. My pleasure. I appreciate your interest and frequent comments. Keep in touch.